By Simo Parpola
Read or Download Assyrian Prophecies (State Archives of Assyria, 9) PDF
Best nonfiction_3 books
The 1st Bible of the Church describes of the form of the Jewish Bible on the time of the hot testomony, with a distinct concentrate on the importance of the Greek translation, the Septuagint. The Jewish defence of the Septuagint model and its reception into the early Church makes it a consultant of the Jewish Bible culture totally on a par with the Hebrew Bible.
John Dover Wilson's New Shakespeare, released among 1921 and 1966, grew to become the vintage Cambridge variation of Shakespeare's performs and poems until eventually the Nineteen Eighties. The sequence, lengthy for the reason that out-of-print, is now reissued. every one paintings is offered either separately and as a suite, and every incorporates a long and energetic creation, major textual content, and great notes and thesaurus published on the again.
- Wildlife Projects, Age Level 13-15 Activity Book
- The Cambridge Dover Wilson Shakespeare, Volume 25: Othello
- Selected Materials from Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 3rd Edition
- Shell Scott Detective 25, Dead Man's Walk
- A Scheme For Global Warming Mitigation Via Controlled Enhancement Of The Reflectivity Of Maritime Clouds
Extra resources for Assyrian Prophecies (State Archives of Assyria, 9)
8) 3. Mf] GN "by the mouth of PNf, 'daughter' of GN" (9) 4 . 3) 5. 5) 6. 7) 7. 3) 8. 4) 9. fa pz "of/by the mouth" has to be understood literally (cf. above, p. "286 The fact that the term raggimulraggintu "prophet/prophetess" does not occur in the formula (in contrast to the authorship notes of nos. 3, 6, 7 and 10) indicates that it was superfluous in the context and underlines the basically oral nature of Neo-Assyrian prophecy. Considering that variants 2 and 3 are for all practical purposes identical, it is possible that the scribe of no.
His angry heart was bent on levelling the land and destroying its people, and a grievous curse formed in his mouth. Evil portents indicating the disruption of cosmic harmony started appearing abundantly in heaven and on earth. The stars in the paths of Enlil, Anu and Ea worsened their positions and repeatedly disclosed abnormal omens. The river of abundance, Arahtu, became a raging current, a fierce surge of water, a violent flood like the Deluge, and swept away the city, its houses and sanctuaries, turning them into ruins.
F God, gab~i iliini and its abbreviation iliini "gods" (wr. MES) constItutes a perfect parallel to the biblical el6hlm "God" (Itt. "gods"), on which see nn. 30f below. As~ur, S~A 3 I.. lines 26-29: "(Even) a god does not comprehend [ ... l1eanlllg of your [majestic deSIgns] IS not understood," and see my discussion in JNES 52 (1993) 185f. J5f;,. atv~res of heaven and earth, fashioner of the mountains, [ ... " Note also En. el. I 14f, where Ansar (== Assur) is said to have "reflected" Anu as his "heir" and see the ' discussion in JNES 52 (1993) 191.